- Off-road Ol Donyo Lengai mountain biking with expert guide
- Vehicle drop-off at the top of the trail
- Exciting off-road trails
- Views of Arusha Town, Ol Donyo Lengai and Rift Valley Escarpment
- Front suspension mountain bikes and helmets
Before hitting the tracks a complimentary hotel pick up by mini bus will bring you to the very top of Ol Donyo Lengai Mountain where you will take in stunning views of magnificent Arusha City, Ol Donyo Lengai and Rift Valley Escarpment.
You will then bike the ‘Double Descent’ downhill route on the lower slopes of Ol Donyo Lengai Mountain – the perfect track for beginners. This is an excellent tour for those keen to try some off-road biking with an expert guide. After an action packed bike ride you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Front suspension mountain bikes
- Bottled water
- Expert guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring closed shoes, sunscreen, camera and a jacket.
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Terms and conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Recent Reviews of this Tour
- I’ll confess that when I booked in for a cycle down Ol Donyo Lengai Mountain, I thought it’d be a leisurely glide along a few winding roads. It is nothing of the sort – this is proper mountain biking and those signing up for it should be expecting some hard work. For a start, the tracks on Ol Donyo Lengai Mountain are quite treacherous. They’re fine for walkers, but on a bike you’re essentially riding the brakes down pretty steep screen slopes. Slow and steady without locking the brakes is the key – it’s very easy to fall off. The uphill stretches can be even tougher. Winds on Ol Donyo Lengai Mountain can be fiercely strong, and if you’re cycling into one of the howlers, it can be murderous on the thighs. Similarly, some stretches of track can be rather sandy – think swimming through treacle and you’re about there. But cycling down Ol Donyo Lengai Mountain is all about the challenge. It may be hard work – especially for a novice – but the rewards are worth it. The easier stretches are a delight to freewheel down, while the views of the city, the pine forests, the ocean and the mountain rarely drop below awe-inspiring.
- Good tour, definitely a lot of work but well worth it. Views are great.